Packaging & Carton Sealing Tape
The Tape Lab knows that Packaging & Carton Sealing tape is a product every company needs if they are in the business of shipping products. The Tape Lab team will help design and manufacture innovative solutions that will best meet your application requirements.
Packaging tape is a generalized term for a pressure-sensitive tape used in a wide variety of applications, commonly used for sealing boxes and packages for shipments. Self-adhesive tapes are the easiest to use since they are versatile and can be customized with different colors and prints. Because there are so many varieties of packaging and carton sealing tapes, it is important to do research on choosing the right tape for your application.
Packaging Adhesive Materials
The Tape Lab can supply customers with different adhesive materials depending on what the use of the packaging or carton sealing you need. The Tape Lab recommends natural rubber as the best rated material, followed by hotmelt and then acrylic.
- Natural rubber is considered to be the most common tape on the market. It is an all-round great choice for a wide range of applications. It gives the end user an increased peace of mind that their cartons will not open up when they are being shipped. The strength of the adhesive ensures the permanent closure of cardboard or paper boxes even on hard to bond to surfaces such as highly recycled boxes.
- Some customers prefer hotmelt or synthetic rubber tapes. Hotmelt rubber packaging tape sticks with good immediate tack and high transparency.
- Acrylic adhesives are another form of adhesive that can be applied to a backing material. There are two kinds of acrylic adhesives: emulsion based and solvent-based. Both are great options for transparency, good UV, and aging resistance.
Packaging Backing Materials
The Tape Lab also offers several packaging backing materials:
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) backing is backed with a natural rubber adhesive.
- BOPP and MOPP are mainly used as self-adhesive packaging tapes. This is the most commonly used backing material since it is the most affordable and can perform relatively well.
- Paper backed tapes require more manual efforts by the end user. They seal packages very well, but it is a hassle to activate the adhesive since water would need to be applied.
About Packing Tape
Packing tape is typically meant to describe the sealing of a box or package. Packaging and box sealing tapes are made of a backing material such as Polyester (PET) or Polypropylene (PE) with a rubber or acrylic adhesive. Typically stock in a box roll sizes are two to three inches wide.